Introduce students to North Carolina Native Americans: The First People of North Carolina (The Paleo Indians). This resource helps students understand and identify the cultural traditions and everyday life of the Paleo Indians.
This reading comprehension packet is written for students and integrates reading, writing, and social studies standards.
Easily teach students about American Indian groups from North Carolina history while integrating standards across the curriculum!
⭐Bundle and Save! . The bundle also includes a FREE 24 question multiple choice test on all 4 North Carolina Native American resources included in the bundle.
This packet is perfect for:
- test prep practice
- reading groups
- close reading practice
- written comprehension
Included in download:
- A 2 page reading comprehension passage on The First People of North Carolina (Paleo Indians)
- 14 text-based comprehension questions
- All questions are aligned to Revised Blooms Taxonomy Question Stems
- Questions include multiple-choice and open-ended responses
- A written comprehension assessment is included which requires students to write a summary of the culture, life, and changes over time of an early Paleo Indian living in North Carolina.
- Includes vocabulary that pertains to the reading of the text.
- An answer key is included!
⭐This resource aligns with North Carolina’s Essential Standards for 4th Grade Social Studies – 4.H.1.1 Summarize the change in cultures, everyday life, and status of indigenous American Indian groups in NC before and after European exploration.