Paired Passages Paired Texts Reading Comprehension Compare & Contrast Passages
Do you struggle to find paired passages, or paired texts, that will help your students compare and contrast information from two texts on the same topic? This bundle will help you teach, reteach, or assess understanding as your students practice integrating and combining important details from passages with similar themes and topics.
Products Included in This Bundle:
Do you struggle to find paired passages, or paired texts, that will help your students compare and contrast information from two texts on the same topic? This bundle will help you teach, reteach, or assess understanding as your students practice integrating and combining important details from passages with similar themes and topics. Get 6 different nonfiction mini-units full of PRINT & DIGITAL paired text activities to use anytime throughout the year with 4th and 5th grade.
This bundle includes:
6 different nonfiction mini-units with over 72+ pages of reading comprehension activities that reinforce the skills of comparing and contrasting two passages on the same topic.
- Amelia Earhart (integrates social studies with reading and ELA)
- Effects of Video Games (integrates health with reading and ELA)
- Fossils (integrates science with reading and ELA)
- Nutrition: Healthy Eating (integrates health with reading and ELA)
- The Dwarf Planet: Pluto (integrates science with reading and ELA)
- Tornadoes and Tornado Safety (integrates science with reading and ELA)
⭐ Check out the preview to see more!
Each individual unit includes:
- a teacher’s guide and notes
- 2 nonfiction passages about animal adaptations
- 2 vocabulary practice activities
- vocabulary picture cards with definitions (perfect for pocket charts and centers)
- 2 different compare and contrast graphic organizers
- reading comprehension questions (multiple choice and open-ended)
- written comprehension activity
- a Google digital version
- all answer keys
These paired passages include high-interest topics that are guaranteed to increase engagement while sparking interest and learning!
⭐ A complete lesson of each resource is included in Google Slides with a multiple-choice, automatically graded reading comprehension quiz in Google Forms. Points have already been assigned to the quiz, but you can easily adjust them to fit your needs. All directions are included for how to assign this resource to your students digitally.
In each unit, your students will:
- analyze 2 nonfiction passages on the same topic
- demonstrate understanding of vocabulary found in the texts
- find common details about each text
- determine which details in both texts are important
- compare the details in the texts to find which are different
- combine the information from both texts to meet the purpose for writing or speaking
⭐ Check out the preview to see more!
These activities are perfect for:
- literacy centers
- small groups
- independent desk work
- early finishers
- sub plans
Teachers like you said…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Another fan-tastic resource! The passages are very engaging for the kids, especially the video games and space. Even though the main focus is comparing two texts, I love all of the other skills that are included. We did summarizing before moving on to comparing and this was a perfect review of that skill while moving into the next. The comprehension questions were very similar to what we see on our state tests and I loved the vocabulary as well. – Tifferoo Teaches
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I’m always on the lookout for really good paired passages because they’re such a part of our annual testing, so it’s easiest to make them a regular part of our classroom or homework reading. Finding passages that are engaging is the trick, and these are! – Tracy K.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I loved using this resource with my students for interventions! It helps that the passages are digital-we’re in school on a hybrid model, so it helps that I can assign these for them to also work on at home or in class! They’re also aligned to several of our social studies and science topics, so they’ll be useful for that too. Thank you for a great resource! – Brittany W.
In this one convenient bundle, you can…
- save 20% off on paired passages and paired texts lesson plans for 4th and 5th grade.
- have ready-to-go reading comprehension activities that integrate science, social studies, and health with reading and ELA to maximize your time.
- use these pre-made, paired passages and reading comprehension activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- easily teach or assess student understanding using the multiple-choice questions that cover a variety of standards.
- print and go or assign digitally – includes everything you need to teach, review, or assess paired passages (or paired texts) throughout the year!
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
By purchasing this bundle, you will save 20% off the price. If you choose to purchase each unit individually, you will spend a total of $24.00. Bundle and Save!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):