Paired Passages Paired Texts | Compare and Contrast | Moon Phases
These nonfiction passages and reading comprehension activities about the moon include paired passages (or paired texts) that will help your students compare and contrast passages with a similar theme and topic.
Products Included in This Bundle:
Do your students need help integrating information from two texts on the same topic? These nonfiction passages and reading comprehension activities about the moon include paired passages (or paired texts) that will help your students compare and contrast passages with a similar theme and topic.
This PRINT & DIGITAL mini-unit on moon phases, the moon’s surface, and how the moon moves in its orbit around Earth integrates science with reading and includes 12 fun and engaging pages of activities perfect for 3rd and 4th grade. It is guaranteed to increase engagement while sparking interest and learning!
⭐ Check out the preview to see more!
In this assignment, students will compare and contrast details in paired texts as they learn about the moon’s surface, how it reflects light from the sun, how it moves around Earth in its orbit, and its eight different lunar phases.
In this download, you will get:
- a teacher’s guide and notes
- 2 nonfiction passages about animal adaptations
- 2 vocabulary practice activities
- vocabulary picture cards with definitions (perfect for pocket charts and centers)
- 2 different compare and contrast graphic organizers
- reading comprehension questions (multiple choice and open-ended)
- written comprehension activity
- a Google digital version
- all answer keys
⭐ A complete lesson of this resource is included in Google Slides with a multiple-choice, automatically graded reading comprehension quiz in Google Forms. Points have already been assigned to the quiz, but you can easily adjust them to fit your needs. All directions are included for how to assign this resource to your students digitally.
Your students will:
- analyze 2 nonfiction passages on the same topic
- demonstrate understanding of vocabulary found in the texts
- find common details about each text
- determine which details in both texts are important
- compare the details in the texts to find which are different
- combine the information from both texts to meet the purpose for writing or speaking
These activities are perfect for:
- literacy centers
- small groups
- independent desk work
- early finishers
- sub plans
Teachers like you said…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource as we were studying the Moon! Great cross-over between ELA and Science! Thank you! – Mary Beth M.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The paired passages are the best! My students learn so much from these and the questions are awesome! – Linda B.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is an awesome resource. There’s so much to do (comprehension, vocabulary, summarizing, etc) and I really love that a Science topic is connected to Reading. – Tina K.
In this one convenient resource, you can…
- have ready-to-go reading comprehension activities that integrate science with reading and ELA to maximize your time.
- use these pre-made, paired passages and reading comprehension activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- easily teach or assess student understanding by using multiple-choice questions that cover a variety of standards.
- print and go or assign digitally – includes everything you need to teach, review, or assess paired passages (or paired texts) anytime during the year!
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Purchase the Paired Passages and Paired Texts Reading Comprehension Bundle for Grades 3-4 to get that will help your students compare and contrast passages with a similar theme and topic. Get 20% off by purchasing the bundle!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):