Paired Passages Paired Texts | Reading Comprehension | Compare and Contrast 3-4
Do you struggle to find paired passages, or paired texts, that will help your students compare and contrast information from two texts on the same topic? This bundle will help you teach, reteach, or assess understanding as your students practice integrating and combining important details from passages with similar themes and topics. Get 6 different nonfiction mini-units full of PRINT & DIGITAL paired text activities to use anytime throughout the year with 3rd and 4th grade.
This bundle includes:
6 different nonfiction mini-units with over 72+ pages of reading comprehension activities that reinforce the skills of comparing and contrasting two passages on the same topic.
- Our Moon (integrates science with reading and ELA)
- Technology Then and Now (integrates social studies with reading and ELA)
- Animal Adaptations (integrates science with reading and ELA)
- Managing Stress (integrates health with reading and ELA)
- Local Government (integrates social studies with reading and ELA)
- Copyright and Plagiarism (integrates digital citizenship with reading and ELA)
⭐ Check out the preview to see more!
Each individual unit includes:
- a teacher’s guide and notes
- 2 nonfiction passages about animal adaptations
- 2 vocabulary practice activities
- vocabulary picture cards with definitions (perfect for pocket charts and centers)
- 2 different compare and contrast graphic organizers
- reading comprehension questions (multiple choice and open-ended)
- written comprehension activity
- a Google digital version
- all answer keys
These paired passages include high-interest topics that are guaranteed to increase engagement while sparking interest and learning!
⭐ A complete lesson of each resource is included in Google Slides with a multiple-choice, automatically graded reading comprehension quiz in Google Forms. Points have already been assigned to the quiz, but you can easily adjust them to fit your needs. All directions are included for how to assign this resource to your students digitally.
In each unit, your students will:
- analyze 2 nonfiction passages on the same topic
- demonstrate understanding of vocabulary found in the texts
- find common details about each text
- determine which details in both texts are important
- compare the details in the texts to find which are different
- combine the information from both texts to meet the purpose for writing or speaking
These activities are perfect for:
- literacy centers
- small groups
- independent desk work
- early finishers
- sub plans
Teachers like you said…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I am teaching reading one day and writing the next with distance learning. It worked well to do paired text reading one day, partially together and partially independent, followed by them writing to the prompt the next day. – Sincerely Jilly
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My 4th graders read from levels B-Q, so this is a great resource for me to use with them on remote days. I do a read-aloud for my lower kids and it is so effective! – Miss Reed Rocks 4th
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I am a 5th grade teacher and already had the 4/5 bundle but I snagged this one as well because these passages are awesome! This is going to be a great resource to differentiate for my lower-level readers. The passages are engaging and talk about topics the kids will be interested in. I plan to use the Plagiarism passage to reinforce what we talked about as we started our informational writing and the moon passage will tie in perfectly with our Science unit on the Solar System. – Tifferoo Teaches
In this one convenient bundle, you can…
- save 20% off on paired passages and paired texts lesson plans for 3rd and 4th grade.
- have ready-to-go reading comprehension activities that integrate science, social studies, and health with reading and ELA to maximize your time.
- use these pre-made, paired passages and reading comprehension activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- easily teach or assess student understanding using the multiple-choice questions that cover a variety of standards.
- print and go or assign digitally – includes everything you need to teach, review, or assess paired passages (or paired texts) throughout the year!
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
By purchasing this bundle, you will save 20% off the price. If you choose to purchase each unit individually, you will spend a total of $24.00. Bundle and Save!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):