Multiplying Fractions 4th Grade Math Review Packet 4.NF.4
Products Included in This Bundle:
Do your students struggle to use strategies and models to multiple fractions by a whole number and find the product as a mixed number? With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore fractions with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities. These ready-to-use lessons, games, and practice activities will help your students better understand multiplying fractions by whole numbers while using a number line or area model and finding the product as a mixed number while building on foundational skills.
This packet on multiplying fractions includes 5 fun and engaging activities, plus an assessment perfect for upper elementary!
Included in this download:
- Match Maker– an activity that requires students to cut, sort, and paste multiple representations of multiplying fractions with whole numbers.
- Solve and Explain – an activity that requires students to use problem-solving skills to solve word problems involving multiplying fractions and whole numbers while also explaining their thinking. (incorporates writing with math)
- Artistic Math – a drawing activity that requires students to draw and label a picture using details and color. Students will multiply fractions and whole numbers to determine the elements that need to be included in their drawings. (This is a favorite among students!)
- Math In My World – a real-world math application that requires students to identify ways fractions are used in everyday settings and write about what they see in the picture. Key vocabulary is provided!
- Pizza Party Board Game – a fun board game with 32 problems on playing cards and 4 different games. Students will use the provided playing cards to solve problems involving the multiplication of fractions in order to build their own pizza – perfect for partners, centers, or small groups
- 32 Task Cards Assessment – easily reinforce and review multiplication of whole numbers with fractions with these 32 task cards with and without QR codes (recording sheets included)
- All Answer Keys
- use a number line and area model to multiple fractions
- use repeated addition to multiply fractions
- multiply a whole number by a fraction using visual models such as number lines and area models
- find the product as a mixed number
- solve words problems by multiplying a whole number by a fraction
- math centers
- small math groups
- guided math lessons
- interactive notebooks
- partner games
- independent desk work
- math stations
- math rotations
- morning desk work
- math games
- test prep review
- early finishers
- summer review
- …and so much more!
The best part?
This resource comes with 6 highly engaging activities that can be used anytime throughout the year as review or practice. A teacher guide and notes are included, as well as a breakdown of each activity and how to best use them in your classroom.
In this one convenient resource, you can…
- have ready-to-go activities that will help your students master multiplying fractions by a whole number and find the product as a mixed number
- use these 6 pre-made activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- print and go – includes everything you need to teach and assess multiplication of fractions by whole numbers while using a number line or area model and finding the product as a mixed number while building on foundational skills
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Purchase the 4th Grade Math Review Packets | Activities, Games, Worksheets, Test Prep Bundle to get this packet plus 15 more resources like this one that will help you assess math skills all year long! Each packet in the bundle targets different math skills and standards. Perfect for guiding your instruction all year long! Get 20% off by purchasing the bundle!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
4.NF.B.4a, 4.NF.B.4b, 4.NF.B.4c