Converting Measurements & Measurement Conversions 4th Grade Math 4.MD.1 4.MD.2
Are your students struggling to solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurement from a larger unit to a smaller unit? With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore measurement and measurement conversions with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities.
Products Included in This Bundle:
Are your students struggling to solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurement from a larger unit to a smaller unit? With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore measurement and measurement conversions with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities. These ready-to-use measurement lessons, games, and practice activities will help your students better understand measurement conversions while building on foundational skills.
This measurement and conversion of measurements packet includes 5 fun and engaging activities, plus an assessment perfect for upper elementary!
Included in this download:
- Match Maker– an activity that requires students to cut, sort, and paste customary measurement units and match them to the correct conversion
- Solve and Explain – an activity that requires students to use problem-solving skills to solve word problems involving time measurement terms while also explaining their thinking. This activity incorporates math and writing (incorporates writing with math)
- Artistic Math – a drawing activity that requires students to use measurement elements to draw and label a picture using details and color (This is a favorite among students!)
- Math In My World – a real-world math application that requires students to identify examples of measurement used in everyday settings while writing about what they see in the picture. Key vocabulary is provided!
- Playing Card Game – a fun measurement game with 60 playing cards and 4 different games. Students will use the provided playing cards to answer questions about measurement and measurement conversion – perfect for partners, centers, or small groups
- 32 Task Cards Assessment – easily reinforce and review measurement skills and conversion of measurements with these 32 task cards with and without QR codes (recording sheets included)
- All Answer Keys
Students will determine the relationship, solve problems, and make comparisons between
- kilometers, meters, centimeters, and millimeters
- liters and milliliters
- kilograms, grams, milligrams
- miles, yards, feet, and inches
- ton, pounds, and ounces
- gallons, quarts, pints, cups
- hours, minutes, and seconds
- use the relations between units to make conversions from larger units to smaller units
- express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit
- math centers
- small math groups
- guided math lessons
- interactive notebooks
- partner games
- independent desk work
- math stations
- math rotations
- morning desk work
- math games
- test prep review
- early finishers
- summer review
- …and so much more!
The best part?
This resource comes with 6 highly engaging activities that can be used anytime throughout the year as review or practice. A teacher guide and notes are included, as well as a breakdown of each activity and how to best use them in your classroom.
In this one convenient resource, you can…
- have ready-to-go activities that will help your students master solving problems involving measurement and conversion of measurement from a larger unit to a smaller unit
- use these 6 pre-made activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- print and go – includes everything you need to teach and assess measurement conversions while building on foundational skills
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Purchase the 4th Grade Math Review Packets | Activities, Games, Worksheets, Test Prep Bundle to get this packet plus 15 more resources like this one that will help you assess math skills all year long! Each packet in the bundle targets different math skills and standards. Perfect for guiding your instruction all year long! Get 20% off by purchasing the bundle!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):