Telling Time Elapsed Time Word Problems 4.MD.2 | 4th Grade Math Review Packet
Do you have a hard time finding appropriate resources to teach elapsed time? Students often struggle with this skill. With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore elapsed time with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities.
Products Included in This Bundle:
Do you have a hard time finding appropriate resources to teach elapsed time? Students often struggle with this skill. With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore elapsed time with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities. These ready-to-use lessons, games, and practice activities will help your students acquire a better understanding of time intervals in minutes while building on the foundational skills of telling and writing time.
This packet on elapsed time includes 5 fun and engaging activities, plus an assessment perfect for upper elementary!
Included in this download:
- Match Maker – a cut and paste activity that requires students to cut, sort, and paste time in word, analog, and digital form in order from earliest time to latest time
- Solve and Explain – an activity that requires students to use problem-solving skills to solve elapsed time word problems while also explaining their thinking (incorporates writing with math)
- Artistic Math – a drawing activity that includes elements of time and requires students to use these elements to draw and label a picture using details and color. (This is a favorite among students!)
- Math In My World – a real-world math application that requires students to identify ways elapsed time is used in everyday settings. Key vocabulary is provided!
- Race to the Summit Board Game – a fun game with 24 cards that include math problems involving elapsed time – perfect for partners, centers, or small groups
- 32 Task Cards Assessment – easily reinforce and review elapsed time with these 32 task cards with and without QR codes (recording sheets included)
- All Answer Keys
- practice determining the time to the nearest minute
- practice measuring time intervals in minutes
- solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes
- represent time intervals on a number line diagram
- measure elapsed time using tools including number line diagrams
- solve word problems involving intervals of time
- math centers
- small math groups
- guided math lessons
- interactive notebooks
- partner games
- independent desk work
- math stations
- math rotations
- morning desk work
- math games
- test prep review
- early finishers
- summer review
- …and so much more!
The best part?
This resource comes with 6 highly engaging activities that can be used anytime throughout the year as review or practice. A teacher guide and notes are included, as well as a breakdown of each activity and how to best use them in your classroom.
In this one convenient resource, you can…
- have ready-to-go activities that will help your students master elapsed time
- use these 6 pre-made activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- print and go – includes everything you need to teach and assess elapsed time in upper grades
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Purchase the 4th Grade Math Review Packets | Activities, Games, Worksheets, Test Prep Bundle to get this packet plus 15 more resources like this one that will help you assess math skills all year long! Each packet in the bundle targets different math skills and standards. Perfect for guiding your instruction all year long! Get 20% off by purchasing the bundle!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):