Comparing and Ordering Decimals Fractions to Decimals 4.NF.6 and 4.NF.7
Do your students need extra practice comparing and ordering decimals and fractions to the tenths and hundredths place? With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore decimals with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities.
Products Included in This Bundle:
Do your students need extra practice comparing and ordering decimals and fractions to the tenths and hundredths place? With this resource, you can allow your students to easily explore decimals with hands-on lessons, engaging math games, and no-prep printable activities. These ready-to-use lessons, games, and practice activities will help your students acquire a better understanding of the relationship between fractions and decimals while building on foundational skills.
This packet on exploring decimals to the tenths and hundredths place includes 5 fun and engaging activities, plus an assessment perfect for upper elementary!
Included in this download:
- Match Maker – a cut and paste activity that requires students to cut, sort, and paste decimals represented in word form and pictures
- Solve and Explain – an activity that requires students to solve decimal-based word problems while also explaining their thinking (incorporates writing with math)
- Artistic Math – a drawing activity that includes elements of decimals and requires students to use these elements to draw and label a picture using details and color. (This is a favorite among students!)
- Math In My World – a real-world math application that requires students to identify ways they use decimals in everyday settings. Key vocabulary is provided!
- Playing Card Game – a fun game with 60 cards that include math problems involving decimals and fractions – perfect for individuals, partners, centers, or small groups
- 32 Task Cards Assessment – easily reinforce and review comparing and ordering decimals to the tenths and hundredths place with these 32 task cards with and without QR codes (recording sheets included)
- All Answer Keys
- explain the relationship between a fraction and a decimal
- represent a fraction with a denominator of 10 or 100 as a decimal
- identify tenths and hundredths place
- represent a decimal on a number line
- compare decimals using base ten models (tens and hundred charts)
- compare decimals using benchmarks (0, 0.5, 1.00)
- compare decimals using place value
- record comparisons using >, <, or =.
- order decimals from least to greatest and greatest to least
- math centers
- small math groups
- guided math lessons
- interactive notebooks
- partner games
- independent desk work
- math stations
- math rotations
- morning desk work
- math games
- test prep review
- early finishers
- summer review
- …and so much more!
The best part?
This resource comes with 6 highly engaging activities that can be used anytime throughout the year as review or practice. A teacher guide and notes are included, as well as a breakdown of each activity and how to best use them in your classroom.
In this one convenient resource, you can…
- have ready-to-go activities that will help your students master comparing and ordering decimals to the tenths and hundredths place
- use these 6 pre-made activities as sub plans when you need to take a day (or week) off!
- print and go – includes everything you need to teach and assess decimals to the tenths and hundredths place
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Purchase the 4th Grade Math Review Packets | Activities, Games, Worksheets, Test Prep Bundleto get this packet plus 15 more resources like this one that will help you assess math skills all year long! Each packet in the bundle targets different math skills and standards. Perfect for guiding your instruction all year long! Get 20% off by purchasing the bundle!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):